“Art is my middle name... Literally!”
Well, Arthur actually! Anyway, for as long as I could hold a pencil I was always fascinated with capturing every detail in my early drawings. By the time I attended college at the School Of Visual Arts, my favored medium was oils and I honed my craft in photo-realism. While freelancing out of school, creating magazine editorial and book cover illustrations for publishers such as Simon & Schuster and Bantam, I purchased my first Mac computer. I used it to mainly to generate invoices. Out of curiosity I acquired my first copies of Illustrator and Photoshop (Version 2.0!) and the rest, as they say, is history.
Working with the computer appeals to my sense of exacting precision, efficiency and immediacy, the antithesis of painting in oils on canvas or board. With over 25 years as a digital artist I’ve have gained extensive experience in many industries including beauty care & cosmetics, consumer goods & giftware, fashion, food and jewelry, to name a few.
My skills include:
• High-end photo retouching including frequency separation, color grading, dodging and burning
• Advanced image compositing
• Color correction - including RGB to CMYK conversion
• Complex clipping paths, silhouetting and image masking
• Vector & raster illustration
• Production artist including design, layout and preparing final art for pre-press
• Brand equity exploration & conceptualization
• Corporate instructional demos & product presentations
• Audio production & editing including composition and arranging